Thursday, July 16, 2009

sudden death






Last week I wrote that there was progress. Well, this week has been awful. The ducks caught a cold, I lost 40% of my livestock. What is there to write. I've been having the fire going night and day now for a week, it has been awful, simply awful. No pictures of this.
Finally, the antidote; garlic. I fed them garlic and the rampant behavior of the illness stopped. Now I've stabilized the situation and no more deaths. They are fighting the illness and some are really getting back to the alert and curious behavior of the Muscovy duck.
The forest farm has really developed and the ducks now have access to naturally flowing water. The pictures I've put on this post are on the transfer of the ducks from the duckling farm to the forest farm.

Cash is running low, since I have to re-invest the ducks I lost. It's tough and I'm really in need of an investor. I got one of my friends as a partner to invest, which is going to make this month turn around. For next month, that's written in the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment