Monday, August 17, 2009

Duck farming - not a straightforward business










I've not been posting for a loooong while. Partly because I know that there are a limited amount of persons reading my postings. And I e-mail with these persons about the duck farm and the daily life here in Laos. Unless, I'm mistaken... I'm not getting any comments so I figured that this is the case, right?
Or is it all so bloody uninteresting that it surpasses all those 500 visits of my blog? - I sure hope not.

Here's something to chew on;
Daniel Hirschler; your ducks are coming out nicely, food is short but there is just plenty on the rice fields right now so I'm relocating 10 of your ducks. Their names are; (1) Rubber Duckie, (2) Lucky Duck, (3) Simply Duck, (4) Rogue Duck, (5) Simply Duck, (6) Little Duckie, (7) Lao-cky Duck, (8) Sticky Duck, (9) Rice field Ducky and (10) Boune's Penguin Duck.
They will be ready as per your arrival, Sir. As for the mission you requested with plenty ducks, let me know so I can begin those preparations.
And yes, your 10 ducks are going to be vaccinated this week, I'll take pictures and send you.

Yesterday, We (my fiancée and I) went for a nice touring on the countryside on our motorbike. I took some great shots, we saw That Phonh Stupa, Wat Sisaket and the Palm Garden, the stone house in Huean Hin and the stones of Kong Phanang. Fantastic! We drove some 200 km and it was all wild and crazy, the roads were very bumpy because of the rainy season. Mud all over!
We drove at night from Kong Phanang all the way back to Savannakhét, it was not too fun I'd say. People in huge Toyota Vigo's drive as if they own the road. We were, for sure, close to be ran over by at least 5-6 Vigo's last night - if it weren't for my highly skillful driving - damn you Vigobusers!

Enjoy the photage!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Mikael,

    just wana let you know that I have this idea of setting a duck farm in Pakse as well. (already in progress though, but just the fencing of the land, the huts, etc)

    We should keep in contact regularly and exchange information on ducks. But may i ask, what visa are you on now?

    good luck for your farm. waiting for your next post. or just post to my email. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perry,
    Thanks for your comments!
    Visa; yes I'm in the process of receiving documents for permanent residency. This is Laos - so expect the unexpected... ;-)

    ReplyDelete